Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Not Fabulous!

So today I took the kids to Kiddie Kandids to get pics done. That is always a fun experience! I made the appointment for just after Naya's nap and had a bottle in my purse for her to have in the stoller on the way in the mall...so she would be just perfectly happy for pictures. And then there was the careful planning of getting Brooklyn and Ty ready...not TOO soon before we headed out the door so as to not have them spill anything on their shirts or mess up there hair. ANYWAY, we got some cute shots but Naya, despite all my efforts was quite grumpy and wanted to be held and the kids were tired of their "fake" smiling and asking to leave. You know that age of the "fake" smile. And of course I was bribing them all the while with ice cream and playing at the mall.

So after pics and lunch (at which I made Tyson wear Naya's bib to eat his pizza because it would all end up on his new cream colored sweater)...we went to get Dippin Dots. We are sitting down enjoying our astronaut ice cream when 2 gals in probably their 20's walk up to the counter. One in particular with bleach blonde hair (very damaged but long) in a tight tank top showing her mid section and leopard print shorts with her bum cheeks hanging out. I wanted to cover the kids eyes! Tyson says "Look at her pants.." but didn't have the words to say what he was really thinking. Then Brooklyn says "Mom, we don't want to see her privacy's...those are her underwear...she does NOT look fabulous!" I chuckled pretty loud about that one. So I took that opportunity to say that we don't dress like that. Hope she continues to think that "style" of dress is "NOT fabulous" when she is a teen!

No comments: